Job Title: La Collette Site Manager
Hours per Week: Full time position
Department: La Collette
Salary Scale: T.B.A. (experience dependent)
Start Date: Immediate
Reports to: Director Level
Entitled to Work Status Required
AAL Recycling Limited (AAL) operates the Waste and Aggregate Recycling Facility at La Collette, under a five year licence from the States of Jersey Department for Infrastructure (DfI). This position is as Manager of the overall site and all operations at La Collette, to include both the waste and aggregate recycling and sales operations, and all other operations that fall under the AAL remit on site.
Essential Job Functions
- Overall responsibility to manage the site in compliance with the Waste Management Licence (WML) and Working Plan (WP), Law and regulations
- Responsibility for environmental performance and implementation of the Environmental Management Plan including maintenance of ISO14001.
- Responsibility for the implementation of the quality management plan and testing, together with future integration of ISO9001.
- Investigate non conformance
- To ensure that the reporting of information required under the licence is completed
- To maintain the Site Diary
- To manage a response for any incoming loads that upon tipping have been identified as containing physical or chemical contaminants that could adversely affect the recycling effort or other site operations
- To ensure all site staff are fully conversant with all environmental and Health and Safety requirements as well as all requirements relating to planning and Waste Management Licence (WML)
- Overall management of site in compliance with the recycling licence
- Reporting to DfI in compliance with the recycling licence
- Ensure all site personnel are fully conversant with the terms of the licence
- Responsible for overall site safety.
- To ensure that the reporting information required by the WML is correctly completed and passed to DfI for it to submit to the Department of the Environment
- To provide and produce reports as required for AAL management regarding sales, staff costs and analysis of same
- Management of all AAL staff on site
- To manage all operations on site and to ensure all Supervisors are providing reports as required, to include all matters regarding health and safety, check sheets, staff forms, and to ensure entire site is managed according to licences or contracts that may from time to time be issued.
Skills and Experience Required
- You will have had previous experience of managing people. With the diverse operations and different areas of the operations at La Collette your ability to manage people will be key to the future success of the operation
- With good organisation and administrative skills you will be able to complete tasks accurately, to agreed deadlines, and work without supervision
- You will be able to communicate both with staff members for whom you are responsible and with all other stakeholders on and off site
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office program, and good overall IT literacy
- At all times you will maintain a strict code of business and customer confidentiality
- Good written and spoken English
- Ability to work under pressure
- As a team player and team leader it will be your responsibility to ensure that the passion and drive of the Recycling Facility is always of paramount importance.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation.