Job Title: Weighbridge Operator
Hours per Week: Full time position
Department: La Collette
Salary Scale: Administration & Labourer
Start Date: Immediate
Reports to: Site Manager / Weighbridge Manager / HR
Entitled to Work Status Required
AAL Recycling Limited (AAL) operates the Waste and Aggregate Recycling Facility at La Collette, under a Nine year license from the States of Jersey (Growth, Housing & Environment (GHE) Solid Waste Department). We have a requirement for a full time Weighbridge Operator who will undertake the following:
Essential Job Functions
- Performing weighbridge operator duties on a rota basis with other operatives.
- Communicating with the Site Manager, Weighbridge Manager, the Transport Manager and other Management staff to ensure that weighbridge operations run in conjunction with our Company operations & our client’s needs.
- Preparing daily gatehouse reports to be sent to head office.
- Ensuring that the weighbridges and surrounding area are kept clean, functioning and free from debris.
- Attend training courses, when required, to maintain and enhance knowledge and ability.
- Carry out any other duties as allocated that are within the post-holder’s abilities and experience.
Skills and Experience Required
- Computer literacy – ideally with experience of a weighbridge/weighing/invoicing environment.
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office program.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Driving License.
Other Skills/Abilities Beneficial
- First Aid at Work qualification.
- Click here to download printable job description.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation.